Hi blog-viewers,
Welcome to my second week of work spent on software development and data gathering. I spent my week gathering information about local compost services that can be added to the map that I have started to develop. Initially, I doubted the usefulness of my app considering that people could simply find local compost services for themselves; however, after researching these services on my own I realized how difficult they were to find. This app is going to help people synthesize this information into a readable format and allow people to focus on what is important to them–those services that are most nearby to the user. last week I started in on the app development perhaps too quickly. I needed to get my information and set a goal; and this week I have worked on those two things.
After I created my plan for this app, I needed to focus on finding ideal conditions for composting, discover what can and cannot be composted. The home page of the app now contains this general information and there is a tab that allows users to find local services if they don’t wish to compost on their own. I hope to make the app as general as possible so that it can be used even by people not located in the Phoenix area.
Have you found that there are more or fewer compost services than you expected in the Phoenix area?
ReplyDeleteI had already known about some of the services in Phoenix, but I was surprised to learn about other services that are taking place in obscure areas near the California border and in Mesa. The city of Mesa is offering people around $5 per given bucket of organic waste. I was surprised to see how many services there are that I would not have known about.
DeleteWhy/What do you think makes currently finding local compost services so confusing?
ReplyDeleteI don't think it is so much confusing to find these services as it is that they are not blatantly advertised and one has to search for them.
Delete